Academics - Our Achievements
Iman Academy utilizes two standardized tests to measure our student’s skills and performance relative to their peers. The Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) measures the student’s core skills in reading, language mechanics and mathematics. This test helps determine whether the students are gaining certain key skills at the appropriate age as compared to their peers. The Texas Assessment of Knowledge & Skills (TAKS) measures our students understanding of the state-mandated curriculum. Hence, this test measures how well our students have grasped the curriculum and is offered throughout the Spring semester. The following show academic accomplishments of Iman Academy:
- Year-over-year improvements in Iowa Test Scores; Above 70th NPR (National Percentile Rank) in all grades.
- Year-over-year improvements in TAKS; Above 96 % met standard for reading in 3rd, and 5th grades.
- 2008 & 2009 PSIA (Private School Interscholastic Association) District 12A Champion.
- Accelerated Reading Program implemented.
- SE School is the 2008 and 2009 PSIA (Private School Interscholastic Association) District 12A Champions
- TEA Exemplary School based on TAKS results.